Advertisement

Sri Lanka's First and Only Platform for Luxury Houses and Apartment for Sale, Rent

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Batch File to Make Copies of a File in a Loop

During my work time I had to create a batch of files from a single file so that those can be used to load test a system. I wrote small batch file which does the job

SET /p NOOFFILES="No Of Files : "
SET I=0
SET COPYCMD=/Y
:Start
CP ./File.zip ./File-%I%.zip
SET /a I+=1
IF %NOOFFILES% == %I% (
    GOTO End
) ELSE ( 
    GOTO Start
)
:End
The script first prompts for the no of files which needs to be created and then creates those files.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice piece of information, I had come to know about your internet site from my friend vinay, delhi,i have read atleast 12 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanx a to once again, Regards, Marathi Jokes in Marathi Language